Utah Coalition Against Pornography is now accepting presentation proposals for the 2019 Annual Conference in Salt Lake City. The UCAP Annual Conference attracts community leaders, members, and mental health professionals and those in related fields interested in learning about how to keep themselves, their families, and communities safe from the harmful effects of pornography.
The 2019 conference hopes to attract presentations that address issues from multiple areas relating to the UCAP mission:
Empowering individuals, strengthening families, and uniting organizations in the fight against pornography through education and collaboration.
Each presentation is 50 minutes long including 10 minutes for Q&A at the end. Topics could include how to talk to children or teens about pornography, tools for those with addictions, hope and healing for partners and families of addicts, healthy sexuality, appropriate use of technology, recovery tools, and several others. We have a special interest in sessions directly for teens.
Proposals must follow the guidelines below and must be submitted online using the call for proposals link below.
Due Date: August 31, 2018, 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
- Presenter(s) Name, Organization, and Contact Information
- Biography: 100-word short biography of presenter
- Curriculum Vitae for each presenter
- Title of Presentation (20 words or less)
- Target Audience description
- Presentation Style (Lecture, Didactic, Experiential, etc. )
- 500-word presentation description for review (abstract)
- 200-word presentation description for publication (web, conference program)
- Three measurable learning objectives. Learning objectives should (1) focus on the learner, (2) contain action verbs that describe measurable behaviors, and (3) focus on skills and tools that can be applied quickly in their lives, homes or communities
- Three APA formatted citations supporting your presentation from publications within the last 10 years
- Three presenter references – individuals who can speak to your presentation style and ability to engage an audience (required ONLY IF first time UCAP presenter)
- Five-minute video of a presentation (required ONLY IF first time UCAP presenter, video presentation doesn’t have to be the topic you are proposing for UCAP)
All presenters will be notified of their proposal status by close of business on October 1, 2018.
We are excited to continue bringing you the very best and latest resources and research at out 2019 conference!
For questions or assistance contact email@example.com.