UCAP Statement of Beliefs
1. We believe that families are the foundation of stable societies, and should be protected.
2. We believe pornography has harmful effects on individuals, families, and communities.
3. We believe existing obscenity laws should be enforced.
4. We believe organizations working to oppose pornography can have a greater impact through collaboration.
5. We believe that pornographic content impairs a child’s developing brain, and that children should be proactively protected from such content.
6. We believe consumers have a right to be warned of the harms of pornography in order to make informed choices.
7. We believe people who desire to overcome challenges with pornography need education and resources to be successful.
8. We believe parents need education and resources to help children use media and technology in positive ways and to avoid the harmful effects of pornography.
9. We believe in the freedom to choose the media we experience and that we have the right to not be exposed to sexual content without our consent.
10. We believe that informed media consumers can influence what is presented to the public.
11. We believe the media shown in the public square should, by and large, show positive, respectful depictions of bodies, relationships, and sexuality.
12. We believe sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being related to sexuality. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination, violence, and/or causing harm to others.