The UCAP Board of Directors wants to hear from people like you.
UCAP associates have a lot of good ideas to share. We are currently taking applications from people interested in serving on our UCAP Advisory Council. Applications accepted until June 1, 2016.
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to provide advice, guidance, and support to the UCAP Board to assist in the development of high quality conferences, and to create an environment of collaboration to promote our mission to empower individuals, strengthen families, and unite organizations in the fight against pornography.
Do you qualify?
Any interested person may apply for membership on the Advisory Council.
We encourage you to apply for membership if you:
- Want to be involved in helping families in Utah avoid and overcome pornography.
- Can participate in four face-to-face lunch meetings per year near Thanksgiving Point.
- Can serve for one to two years.
- Are willing to speak with UCAP Board members, fellow Advisory Council members, and others to give feedback and collaborate on projects.
How members are selected
The UCAP Board of Directors will select candidates that represent a broad spectrum of concerns relating to the issue of pornography. The Advisory Council will consist of 15 to 20 members who will serve for a one-year term. This term may be extended for one year.
With a limited number of vacancies on the Council, unfortunately not every applicant can be accepted. If you are not selected to fill a position on the Council this year, you are invited to reapply in future years.
Applications should be received before midnight on June 1, 2016. Applicants will be notified by Friday, July 1, 2016.
The benefits of being an Advisory Council member
- Members will advise the UCAP Board of Directors regarding future UCAP strategy and direction.
- Member feedback will improve UCAP conference development.
- Members will network and collaborate with other Advisory Council members to leverage each other’s strengths.
- Members will promote and collaborate on anti-pornography efforts across organizations at a local or state level.
- Members will gain knowledge of anti-pornography efforts and strategy as part of their involvement.
- Meeting schedule – Advisory Council members will participate in four lunch meetings per year in the Thanksgiving Point area.
- Term – Advisory Council members participate for one year. This term may be extended for one year.
- Governance – The Advisory Council does not have its own leadership roles. Members serve under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Vote – Advisory Council members do not have a vote in decisions made by the Board of Directors.
- Membership – Advisory Council members may refer to themselves as members of the UCAP Advisory Council.
- Advocacy – Advisory Council members are required to gain permission from UCAP before representing or speaking on behalf of UCAP in the community.
- Individuals may apply for a one-year term as an Advisory Council member by completing the online application.
- Advisory Council members will be selected by the UCAP Board from applications received.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by phone or email.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION BY JUNE 1, 2016 TO BE CONSIDERED.
If you have applied in the past and would like to be reconsidered without filling out the form again, just email us at email@example.com and let us know.
Thank you for caring about this issue!